The success of Outside the Box Learning Resources is rooted in the passion of the team of professionals behind it. Led by husband and wife duo Conor and Kate Holmes, the renowned educational publisher has been providing education and health professionals with a comprehensive suite of learning resources and assessments for over fifteen years.
Covering a wide range of disciplines, Outside the Box Learning Resources is the complete solution for educators, and healthcare professionals to develop their skills professionally or to nurture the intellectual and emotional needs of those in their care.
Fun Ways to Reinforce Maths Concepts and Number Knowledge
Teachers, educators and program staff are generally highly committed to the inclusion of children with additional learning needs in their classrooms, preschools, childcare centres and out-of-school hours programs, but the reality check comes once a child arrives in the setting.
· Are the staff actually ready?
· Do they feel confident in managing the specific needs of this child, at this time, in this setting?
· Does everyone in the setting share the same views and values about inclusion?
Adults can often have valid concerns about inclusion such as:
· But I don’t know much about disabilities
· I already teach a large, multi-age class
. How will I support children with additional needs as well?
· What if I get something wrong?
. Will it take away from the time I spend with the other children?
This book addresses these concerns and provides realistic strategies for addressing them.