Developed as a companion to Embedded Formative Assessment, 2nd ed., this handbook guides K–12 teachers through the process of developing effective formative assessments. Inside its pages, you’ll find tried-and-tested classroom techniques, practical how-tos, and exercises designed to guide implementation. The resource also includes discussion questions that can be answered as teams or used for individual reflection.
- Explore research that states classroom formative assessment is the most impactful—and cost-effective—approach to raising student academic achievement
- Review the five key strategies of classroom formative assessment
- Gain more than 50 practical techniques for classroom formative assessment
- Clarify and share learning intentions and success criteria, elicit evidence of student achievement, and give feedback that moves learning forward
- Understand that teacher quality remains the most important determinant of student learning