Oral Language Activities for the Classroom
The two books in the Talk It Up programme will equip your students with the skills to write and present different styles of oral language.
Book 1 enables students to understand different oral language formats and to present the different styles they represent in short speeches. It is aimed at students aged 8 to 10.
Book 2 moves to a more complex style and longer speeches. It is aimed at students aged 11 to 13.
Activities are provided for pairs, groups and the whole class. Each lesson concludes with an action that is performance-based. Instructions are designed to be appropriate to the age level, with more teacher modelling and cooperative work in Book 1 and more independent projects in Book 2.
- Offers oral language lessons in a range of styles and on a range of topics
- Is designed to build children’s confidence and self-expression
- Contains five main units: Speeches, Debates, Poetry recitation, Interviewing and Promoting and advertising
- Builds the lessons within each unit from the ground up – vocabulary and terms, structure and formats, group practice, and whole-class presentations
- Suggests homework activities to back-up the classroom programme