Practical advice on using and improving assessment in the classroom.
The Black Box Series offers easy-to-read advice for teachers on how to implement the key techniques within formative assessment – questioning, feedback, and peer/self assessment.
English Inside the Black Box outlines the principles of formative assessment and how they can be applied in the English classroom. It offers advice to teachers on how to interact more effectively with pupils so as to promote their learning and attainment in English. The booklet suggests methods for teachers to interact more effectively with pupils on a day-to-day basis to promote their learning, for instance by improving their questioning techniques, asking the right questions and listening carefully to how their pupils respond.
[Age Suitability: 5-18]
[Authors: Bethan Marshall & Dylan Wiliam]
All Books in this Series:
- Inside the Black Box
- Working Inside the Black Box
- English Inside the Black Box
- Mathematics Inside the Black Box
- Science Inside the Black Box
- Geography Inside the Black Box
- ICT Inside the Black Box
- Modern Foreign Languages Inside the Black Box
- Design and Technology Inside the Black Box
- Inside the Primary Black Box