Work side by side with Positively Me – this self-esteem programme for teachers and students encourages a high degree of active participation from both. It provides teachers with activities and games that help students develop an understanding of self-esteem. Themes on various aspects of self-esteem can be used to prepare lesson plans and to deliver a continuous programme or a stand-alone lesson.
Self-esteem is a concept many people struggle to understand, in terms of their own sense of worth and well-being and in terms of its influence on their relationships with others. With this self-esteem programme, you will be able to help your students to understand self-esteem, as well as to identify their own self-esteem and what influences it. Integral to this learning is the natural influence of a person’s self-esteem on their relationships with others, such as family, friends and teachers.
Each book in this series:
- Provides a menu of activities and games through which students develop an understanding of self-esteem in themselves and in others
- Allows the creation of one or more lesson plans for each ‘theme’ on a specific aspect of self-esteem
- Can be used as a continuous programme – for example, over a period of six weeks, or as a series of stand-alone lessons
- Motivates students to set goals and evaluate their own learning during and at the conclusion of the programme
- Encourages both students and the teacher to become actively involved in the learning process.
The series also contains reading activities aimed at enhancing the self-esteem of teachers.
There are two books in this series:
- Book 1 includes the programme itself, which consists of several sections, each offering a particular theme related to self-esteem.
- Book 2 contains photocopiable handouts relating to the student activities described in Book 1.