Now in one guide, you will find specific, explicit strategies for teaching writing at the same time you teach content
This concise guide helps you work with each student’s unique skills and needs so that the student learns to apply information, to demonstrate content mastery, to think and write creatively and critically, and to solve real-world problems. Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Writing in the Content Areas helps you develop students with lifelong self-direction and confidence as writers!
Detailed chapters give you the tools you need to work with student writers of all levels including:
- Creating a Climate for Writing lets you create the “Write Spot” for each student.
- Knowing the Writer helps you recognize the developmental stages of each student’s writing abilities.
- Diagnosing and Assessing Writing Problems offers checklists, rubrics, scales, and more, as well as “Sixteen Words For the Wise” as solutions.
- Flexible Grouping for the Writing Process is a must while students work through the various steps of the writing process.
- Instructional Strategies and Activities supplies novel strategies that motivate, including personification, “jump start” prompts, rhymes and riddles, and 40 writing A-Z tips.
- Curriculum Approaches discusses the use of Choice Boards, Agendas, and Lesson Plans to meet each student’s needs before, during, and after the writing experience.
[ISBN: 9780761938279; 176 Pages]
[Authors: Carolyn Chapman & Rita King; Age Suitability: All]