– [PRINT ON DEMAND]
A strong link exists between movement and emotions.
This innovative book explores that link and provides 180 practical activities with a clear rationale for the use of dance movement to enrich therapy programmes.
Presents an inspiring range of session ideas and insights.
Session plans divided into warm-ups, introductions to themes, development of themes and warm-downs.
Explores many areas including developmental movement processes, non-verbal communication, and expression communication.
- Historical background;
- Practical Theoretical Issues;
- Activities (Warm-up; Introduction to a theme; Development of a theme; Warm-down);
- Information (Training in dance movement therapy; Helpful addresses; Glossary; Journals; Resource base; References; Bibliography);
- Alphabetical list of activities
Other titles in the Creative Activities in Groupwork Series:
- Creative Relaxation in Groupwork
- Creative Games in Groupwork
- Creative Writing in Groupwork
- Creative Art in Groupwork
- Creative Drama in Groupwork
- Creative Music in Groupwork
[ISBN: 9780863884733, A5 Size Book; Wire-o-Bound; 282 Pages]
[Authors: Robin Dynes; Age Suitability: All]