Cooperative Learning in the Classroom
Cooperative Learning in the Classroom: Putting it into Practice
Cooperative Learning is about structuring lesson activities to encourage pupils to work collaboratively in pairs or small groups to support each other to improve their learning. This inclusive approach to teaching is very much in tune with current initiatives such as Every Child Matters and Excellence and Enjoyment and the focus on learning styles.
This book is an accessible guide to implementing cooperative learning in the classroom. It includes:
- An explanation of the key factors that make cooperative learning work
- A step-by-step approach to implementing cooperative learning in the classroom
- Advice on how to measure the effectiveness of cooperative learning
- Guidance for using cooperative learning to encourage effective talk
- Links to supporting children's emotional intelligence
- Ideas for practical activities
- An action plan and programme for whole school professional development
An invaluable resource for individual teachers using cooperative learning techniques in classrooms, this book will also be of interest to headteachers, trainee teachers and learning support staff.
[ISBN: 9781741705393; Pages: 144]
[Author: Wendy Jolliffe; Ages: All]