The success of Outside the Box Learning Resources is rooted in the passion of the team of professionals behind it. Led by husband and wife duo Conor and Kate Holmes, the renowned educational publisher has been providing education and health professionals with a comprehensive suite of learning resources and assessments for over fifteen years.
Covering a wide range of disciplines, Outside the Box Learning Resources is the complete solution for educators, and healthcare professionals to develop their skills professionally or to nurture the intellectual and emotional needs of those in their care.
Assessing & Developing Self-Esteem Ages 5-11 contains everything you need to evaluate the self-esteem of an individual child or group of pupils using a self-esteem indicator questionnaire which will enable you to evaluate an overall level of the individual’s self-esteem, plus obtain scores on sense of self, sense of belonging and sense of personal power. Based on the results of the assessment, the manual then helps you design an intervention programme to enhance self-esteem, and this is achieved through selecting from a range of activities. This manual, specifically for 5 to 11-year-olds, has a self-esteem indicator questionnaire consisting of 36 questions and has 62 age-specific activities divided into six sections.
1) Creating a self-esteem building environment – Activities include: · Listening · Make learning fun · Positive praise · Little things mean a lot · Creating an open environment · Be open-minded · Be patient · Circle Time · Walking in your pupil’s shoes · Share · Thank you letter · Visualization and stories · Modelling · Emotional coaching · The power of being a human being · Experiment.
2) Supporting teaching professionals – Activities include: · You are unique · Celebrate · Accept praise · Ideas board · You make a difference · Make time for you · The work-life balance · Recognising achievements · Get to know people · Check-up · Give feedback · Don’t be superman/woman · You can do it.
3) Developing a sense of self – Activities include: · Magic mirror · The most beautiful leaf in the world · Project self · Relaxation · How do you feel? · Feelings wheel · Big boast newsletter · Pat on the back · Me poster · Which animal? · I like knowing you · Think about feelings.
4) Developing a sense of belonging – Activities include: · Class favorite college · Get well card · Welcome back · Class mural · Fingerprints · Our class colours · Reporters · Applause · Making friends.
5) Developing a sense of personal power – Activities include · Problem-solving · Heroes and heroines · Celebrate success · Bill of Rights · You can do it · Trying is important · Be assertive.
6) General activities to build self-esteem – Activities include: · Let’s have a debate · Play or pass · Proud to be your teacher · Pupil of the week · Who’s who?
5-8 Years, 8-12 Years
106 Pages + CD
E A Morris