NB: Only available to schools and educational establishments based in the Republic of Ireland
Author(s): Bruce A Bracken
Publication Year: 2007
Age Range: 3 years to 6 years 11 months
Administration: Individual – 10 to 15 minutes
Qualification Code: A – Click HERE for more details.
The BSRA-3 allows you to quickly screen concept knowledge of young children.
Brief and easy to administer, the BSRA-3 (Bracken School Readiness Assessment, Third Edition) helps determine if a child is ready for school. The BSRA-3 evaluates five areas of the full BBCS assessments as part of Pearson’s Bracken family of products in concept development.
- Provides Record Form that is designed for pre-testing and post-testing
- Gives suggestions in the Parent-Teacher Conference Form of activities parents can do at home with the child
- Provides information showing how the subtests align to each state’s early childhood standards
- Offers a sample lesson from the Bracken Concept Development Program
The BSRA-3 includes five subtests to assess basic concepts related to school readiness.
- Subtests include: Colours, Letters, Numbers/Counting, Size/Comparison, and Shapes
- UK National norms are provided
- Scoring Assistant software for the BSRA allows users to quickly and accurately score tests results, maintain test records, and create graphical and summary reports
The BBCS parent report includes a description of scores in English and Spanish
BBCS Parent Report