– A Comprehensive Training Resource to Support Emotional Wellbeing in Education & Social Care
These 20 practical and accessible modules provide all of the necessary resources to enable you to maintain and enhance the wellbeing of the children and young people that you nurture and support, while also developing staff confidence and whole-school approaches which will support the wellbeing of the whole school community.
This resource provides a knowledge base and set of tools to enable you to support the young people in your care in the most effective and ethically safe manner, drawing on a range of evidence-based approaches that promote mental and emotional health and wellbeing. The tools and strategies can be used easily and effectively by education professionals who are not therapists, but who would like to interact in a more therapeutic, nurturing and informed manner.
- The Role of the Mental Health Lead: Developing a whole-school policy to support the wellbeing of pupils and staff
- Understanding & Assessing Mental Health Needs
- Understanding Attachment Disorders & Creating an Attachment Friendly Classroom
- Understanding Trauma & Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Self-Harm: Issues of prevention & safe practice
- Understanding & Supporting Children & Young People through Grief & Loss
- Understanding & Supporting Children & Young People with ASD
- Understanding & Supporting Children & Young People with ADHD and ODD
- Understanding & Supporting Children & Young People with Sensory Needs
- Understanding & Supporting Children & Young People who are School Phobic
- Recognising & Supporting those with Stress, Depression & Anxiety Disorders
- The Body Image Issue: Understanding & supporting those with an eating disorder
- Social Media & Pornography: Ensuring a reduced risk for children & young people
- Understanding Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE): Risk, prevention & safety plans
- Effective Thinking Using Tools from Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Children & Young People
- Managing Exam Stress & Developing Study Skills
- Building Motivation using Key Tools from Motivational Interviewing
- Using Tools from Positive Psychology to Build Resilience
- Using Peer Support & Supervision Circles to Support Children, Young People & Staff
Includes FREE CD-Rom containing 20 PowerPoint training and all resources.