– Assessment and Intervention Strategies
This highly regarded practitioner guide provides state-of-the-art tools for supporting the academic and behavioral success of PreK-12 students with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
The authors explain the learning and behavior difficulties associated with ADHD and describe screening and assessment procedures that facilitate data-based decision-making. They show how to develop individualized intervention plans that integrate behavioral, academic and social supports, in partnership with teachers and parents. Strategies for collaborating with physicians and monitoring students’ medication response are also presented. Helpful reproducible forms and handouts can be downloaded and printed.
New to This Edition:
- Reflects a decade’s worth of research and clinical advances, plus the growth of multi-tiered service delivery models
- Discusses changes in DSM-5
- Separate chapter on interventions for middle and high school students, with new content on the transition to college
- Updated medication information, case examples and more