This well-rounded collection of research-based reading intervention strategies will support and inform your RTI efforts. The book also includes teacher-friendly sample lesson plans and miniroutines that are easy to understand and adapt. Many of the strategies motivate average and above-average students as well as scaffold struggling readers. Maximize the power of these interventions by using them across grade-level teams or schoolwide.
- Scaffold challenging comprehension skills like inferencing, summarizing, and monitoring.
- Teach inference with sample lessons using authentic text examples.
- Teach more vocabulary in less time with greater understanding and retention.
- Increase the vocabulary and background knowledge of ELLs and students with overall low vocabulary and language skills.
- Read historical and up-to-date research citations to inform and support your intervention decisions.
- Use the problem/solution table of contents to help you locate the precise strategy for a student’s problem.
- Discover more than 30 sample lessons with step-by-step instructions and teaching formats that include modeling, ways to build in student practice, and suggestions for keeping students engaged.
- Learn routines to facilitate student practice of key reading skills.
- Adopt interventions to help students cross the fluency bridge from word identification to comprehension.
- Use the grade-level grid to help determine which strategies work best at specific grade levels.