BOT-2; Bruininks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency, Second Edition - Complete Kit
Price displayed includes VAT
*Online Orders for this Resource are Subject to Approval by Outside the Box Trained Personnel - NB: NOT AVAILABLE TO CLIENTS OUTSIDE THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
BOT-2 assesses the motor proficiency of all students, ranging from those who are normally developing to those with moderate motor-skill deficits. It can also be used for developing and evaluating motor training programmes.
Challenging, game-like tasks
Children enjoy the variety and appeal of the test items. BOT-2 items provide a full range of interesting tasks that measure gross and fine motor skills—maintaining balance while standing on one leg, bouncing a ball, and cutting out a circle are just a few examples.
New administration manual makes testing more efficient
BOT-2 features a completely new administration manual with an easy-to-use layout that gives examiners access to all the information they need on a single page.
The manual also provides suggestions to guide examiners in explaining the tasks. For the examinee, large, clear pictures of the tasks being completed help provide a better understanding of the test items, especially for children who have language, cognition or attention problems.
Eight subtests assess:
- Fine Motor Precision—7 items (e.g., cutting out a circle, connecting dots)
- Fine Motor Integration—8 items (e.g., copying a star, copying a square)
- Manual Dexterity—5 items (e.g., transferring pennies, sorting cards, stringing blocks)
- Bilateral Coordination—7 items (e.g., tapping foot and finger, jumping jacks)
- Balance—9 items (e.g., walking forward on a line, standing on one leg on a balance beam)
- Running Speed and Agility—5 items (e.g., shuttle run, one-legged side hop)
- Upper-Limb Coordination—7 items (e.g., throwing a ball at a target, catching a tossed ball)
- Strength—5 items (e.g., standing long jump, sit-ups)
BOT–2 covers a broad array of fine and gross motor skills, providing composite scores in four motor areas and one comprehensive measure of overall motor proficiency. These composites are:
- Fine Manual Control
- Manual Coordination
- Body Coordination
- Strength and Agility
- Total Motor Composite
BOT-2 ASSIST includes these features:
- Unlimited scoring
- Entry of either the Item Raw Scores (IRS) or subtests Total Point Scores (TPS)
- Generation of derived scores and score profiles
- Identification of examinees' motor skill strengths and weaknesses
Comprehensive Training DVD
This DVD provides an in-depth look at all aspects of the BOT-2. The video includes an introduction by the authors, a detailed look at test administration, scoring and reporting information and an overview of the BOT-2 ASSIST scoring and reporting software program.
Authors: Brett D Bruininks & Robert H Bruininks
Age Range: 4 to 21 years
Administration: Test : Individual - 20 to 40 minutes. Checklist: Group or individual - 10 minutes
Qualification code: CL2
Complete Kit includes: Manual, Administration Easel, Record Forms (25), Examinee Booklets (25), Scoring Transparency, Balance Beam, Blocks with String, Penny Box, Penny Pad, Plastic Pennies, Knee Pad, Peg Board and Pegs, Red Pencil (2), Scissors, Target, Tennis Ball, Shape Cards, Shuttle Block, Training DVD