Weaving Well-Being (4th Class): Tools of Resilience - Pupil Activity Book
PARENTS: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BOOK IS AVAILABLE IN MOST LOCAL EDUCATIONAL BOOKSHOPS
The Tools of Resilience Children’s activity book consists of 10 lessons which are designed to introduce children to six specific evidence-based skills of resilience as follows:
- Healthy distraction
- Thought disputation
- Use of authentic character strengths
- Problem-focused planning
The children are also introduced to a mindfulness- base calming strategy to help them cope with anxiety, anger and other strong emotions. Each strategy has a specific ‘tool’ which is represented by an image to help the children to understand and utilise the concepts involved. The activity book gradually builds into a highly personal portfolio which reflects the child’s use of each tool. Children also learn what well-being means and the importance of taking care of our well-being.
Children’s comments about the Tools of Resilience Programme:
- ‘Now I know how to deal with something when it doesn't go my way’.
- ‘It made me feel a lot better. I liked telling my family about it and getting them to see the tools’.
- ‘It helps me a lot when I'm feeling down or have got A.N.T.s.’ (Automatic Negative Thoughts)
- ‘When I am stressed I know what to do’
FURTHER WEAVING WELL-BEING OPTIONS BELOW: