Welcome to this new CATTS section on the Ouside the Box Learning Resources Website.
CATTS (www.cattsireland.com) stands for Clinical Assessment and Therapy Team Services. We are a Clinical Practice based in Ireland providing Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) and Occupational Therapy (OT) services to babies, children, adolescents and adults using an individual or a Multi-Disciplinary Model.
This is a special area setup for CATTS clients and parents to allow you to find, in one place, books and resources which we have found useful in the past, and continue to use and recommend today.
You will have been given a special discount code by your therapist at your appointment which you can use to avail of a special 10% discount on all items on this site.
CATTS does not receive any remuneration or finance for this. It is purely a special offer which Outside the Box are providing to the parents who use our services.
There are two main sections to this page; the first is where our clinicians have placed items which they have found useful, and the second is those books and resources that parents who use our services have recommended. Both will be updated and expanded as new resources we can recommend come in.
Thank you for visiting, and if there are any items which you have personally found invaluable in helping you or your children, please let us know so it can be added to the 'Parents Recommendations' to help others in the future.
You can also find additional articles and parent information on our own site www.cattsireland.com which may be of help to you.
- The Incredible 5-Point Scale
- Understanding and Teaching Children with Autism
- Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- The New Social Story Book
- My Social Stories Book
- The Social Skills Picture Book
- The Hidden Curriculum: Practical Solutions for Understanding Unstated Rules in Social Situations
- Exploring Feelings: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to Manage Anxiety
- Beyond the Wall: Personal Experiences with Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Ask and Tell: Self-Advocacy and Disclosure for People on the Autism Spectrum
- Understanding Autism For Dummies
- Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome
- Knowing Youself, Knowing Others
- Off We Go Series
- 10 things every child with Autism wishes you knew