What is Cyber-Bullying? (Taken from – www.stopbullying.gov)
Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like phones, computers and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text and apps or online in social media, forums or gaming where people can view, participate in or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation. Some cyberbullying crosses the line into unlawful or criminal behaviour.
The most common places where cyberbullying occurs are:
- Social Media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Tik Tok
- Text messaging and messaging apps on mobile or tablet devices
- Instant messaging, direct messaging and online chatting over the internet
- Online forums, chat rooms and message boards, such as Reddit
- Online gaming communities