Stop and Think Friendship: DVD Package (includes free set of posters)
(Price includes Vat)
STOP THINK DO is a social skills programme for use in schools with children who have emotional–social–behavioural difficulties that affect their ability to make friends. It is designed as a classroom curriculum for children to prevent such difficulties arising.
STOP THINK DO develops a positive social culture in classrooms, particularly because teachers are modelling the same skills they teach students. The academic progress of children is also facilitated by a co-operative classroom.
STOP THINK DO develops emotional and social intelligence in children as they learn how to understand and control their feelings at STOP, how to think about their options and likely consequences at THINK, how to behave appropriately at DO, and how to be motivated to use these skills in all social situations in their lives.
The STOP and THINK Friendship DVD package is a stand-alone social skills training programme containing a 25 min colourful DVD video directly teaching children the STOP THINK DO steps to help them make and keep friends, and also supporting exercises and activities on a PDF file and hardcopy workbook. The package may also be used with other STOP THINK DO resources to provide more extensive training.
NB: Three free colourful posters that trace the Stop Think Do problem solving sequence using a traffic light motif are included with this DVD.
STOP THINK DO aims to:
- Prevent adverse consequences resulting from poor social skills and peer friendships
- Improve the social skills and peer friendships of children who already have problems
- Develop cooperative classrooms and school
- Develop emotional intelligence, self-esteem and confidence through increased awareness, skills training and goal achievement
- Empower students by teaching self-control, decision making and positive actions
- Develop group skills including active participation, cooperation, organisation and leadership
- Improve relationships through the use of a common language, problem-solving process, shared goals and regular feedback
About the Authors:
Lindy Petersen is a clinical psychologist with thirty years’ experience working with children, adolescents, parents and teachers in clinical and school settings. She is based in Adelaide, South Australia. Mark LeMessurier has considerable experience as a classroom teacher, educational consultant, social skills trainer and private tutor. He received the prestigious Australian National Excellence in Teaching Award.
Authors: Lindy Petersen with Mark LeMessurier
Age Suitability: 6 - 12
The full list of STOP THINK DO resources is as follows:
- Stop Think Do: Social Skills Training Manual for Early Years of Schooling (4 – 8 Years)
- Stop Think Do: Social Skills Training Manual for Primary Years of Schooling (8 – 12 Years)
- Stop Think Do: Social Skills Training Manual: Supplement for Middle Years of Schooling (12 – 15 Years)
- STOP and THINK Learning
- STOP and THINK Friendship DVD Package (including Workbook)
- STOP THINK DO Posters (Set of 3)
- Social Savvy (Parents' book)