Social Savvy: Help Your Child Fit in with Others
How do you react when your child has a tantrum in the supermarket? When your children argue, do you intervene? Do you resist the urge to fight their battles for them?
Social Savvy is about:
- Helping your child to make friends and fit in socially
- Improving your own relationship with your child
- Dealing effectively with your child’s misbehaviour
This is a ‘how-to’ book for all adults caring for children, who want a more positive family and social life. By following Lindy Petersen’s guidelines, you will learn how to better manage situations and avoid reacting impulsively to your child’s behaviour. Learn what to say to your child and teach your child positive social skills to adopt with others..
About the Author:
Lindy Petersen is the best-selling author of the Stop Think Do series that develops emotional and social intelligence in children. Social Savvy is a revised edition of Stop and Think Parenting, one of the books in that series. Lindy Petersen is a parent and psychologist with 30 years' experience working with children, adolescents, parents and teachers in clinical and school settings.
Author: Lindy Petersen
Age Suitability: Primary
Click HERE to see excerpt of this Resource.
The full list of STOP THINK DO resources is as follows:
- Stop Think Do: Social Skills Training Manual for Early Years of Schooling (4 – 8 Years)
- Stop Think Do: Social Skills Training Manual for Primary Years of Schooling (8 – 12 Years)
- Stop Think Do: Social Skills Training Manual: Supplement for Middle Years of Schooling (12 – 15 Years)
- STOP and THINK Learning
- STOP and THINK Friendship DVD Package (including Workbook)
- STOP THINK DO Posters (Set of 3)
- Social Savvy (Parents' book)